2 x 2 bedroom Cottages
Arrival Time: 2pm
Departure Time: 10am
A tastefully restored cottage (circa 1890) with 2 ensuited bedrooms, large verandah, parlour and fully self-catering large timber kitchen, set in a private garden situated on a large sheep and cattle property. The cottage can sleep up to 6 people with quality linen, antique furniture and spacious living.
The Cottage is only 9 kms from Deepwater and is the perfect stopover on the New England Highway between Sydney and Brisbane. The cottage has its own private garden with a secure fence. The cottage is situated on 2450 acre working farm enterprise comprising a Border Leicester stud, merino flock, prime lambs and cattle operation. There are hens, pet sheep and other farm animals in paddocks around the cottage. Your pets are welcome too. Children may enjoy patting the pet sheep or collecting the eggs.
- Feed the chooks and collect the eggs.
Enjoy the antics of our pet sheep named TuTu located in the adjacent paddock.
View the Border Leicester stud ewes and lambs with supplementary feeding during autumn, winter and spring.
See the Angus and Angus cross cows and calves calving in September/October each year. Be on the look out for our pet cow Poddy as she is extremely friendly and enjoys a long pat.
Lambing of merinos (1200 ewes) during September.
Shearing of sheep during school holidays at Easter and July.
Tend to the veggie garden and pick farm fresh produce/herbs summer only.
Fish in the local Deepwater River famous for Murray Cod, Yellowbelly and possibly Trout.
- Observe kangaroos, abundant birdlife and wildlife over the 2500 acres of bush walking.
- Enjoy the unique experience of walking over Mt Manbundi and seeing the 360 degree views over the district. Find the Trigonometry station erected in the 1960s.
- Come and see the frosts and the fresh mornings, perhaps even snow! Then home to the comfort of wood fires.
- Enjoy the peacefulness of your own fenced garden.
Birdwatching, Bushwalking, Fishing in nearby Deepwater River,Golf, Meditation/Relaxing, Sightseeing, Swimming, Walking, Wine Tasting.
Self Contained, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Microwave
Visit our website at www.oakhurstcottage.com.au for further details and picture gallery.
- Master bedroom with ensuite, new comfy Queen size bed and with private veranda
- Second bedroom has two king singles and a private ensuite
Formal dining and lounge room
- Gas BBQ
- Kitchen Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Provided
- Non-Smoking Indoors
- Pets Allowed
- Pets by Arrangement
- Undercover Parking