The Homestead at River Glen Farmstay was originally called “Athlone”. It was named after the ship on which the Slowman family came out from England. The house was built in 1917 when Ozzie and Lucy Slowman were married. They built the home to raise their family. The Lawsons bought the home 12 years ago from Robert Slowman. They spent 10 years restoring the house which comprises of 4 bedrooms, sleep out and fully self contained accommodation in the guest quarters. This adjoins the main house for those who wish to be pampered and have meals prepared.
The accommodation offers full kitchen for self catering, lounge, bathroom and sun drenched closed in verandahs. Surrounded by gardens with abundant bird life.
River Glen is only 3km off the New England Highway between Glen Innes and Deepwater.
River Glen Farmstay Meals
- Camp Oven Baked Dinner Damper followed by fresh fruit salad and ice cream $35.00
- Double Cooked Pork Belly with star anise followed by mini cheese cake or pavlova $35.00
- Chicken Parmagiana $20.00
- Spaghetti Bolognaise $20.00
- Barbeque steak, potato bake and salad. $20.00
- All meals include garlic bread.
- The prices are per person, children $5.00
Afternoon tea is available to all our guests between 3.30 and 4.30pm by request. Our afternoon tea consists of tea or coffee plus home cooked scones with jam and cream and locally made biscuits.
Breakfast is supplied for self catering to enable you and your family to enjoy breakfast early or at your leisure, for those who prefer to sleep in. Hot breakfast can be prepared for you on weekend upon request.
With 24 hours advance notice and consultation with our guest we are happy to provide three course set menu dinner for $35.00 a head.