Glen Innes Highlands has available assets ready to be repurposed or developed. Our location at the intersection of the Gwydir and New England Highways, proximity to the coast and the Toowoomba air freight hub make it an ideal base for new business and investments. We have several locational advantages including:
- Our Region is aligned along the New England Highway which is a major national route providing access to both Sydney and South East Queensland.
- Proximity to Toowoomba, with the Wellcamp Airport international freight hub being within 2-3 hours’ drive of the Region. This provides significant opportunities for the air-freight export of fruit and vegetables and potentially stud livestock, produced in the Region.
- Proximity to the Brisbane, Gold Coast and the NSW Northern Rivers Regions. At its northern and southern edges, NNEHC lies within 1.5 to 4 hours’ drive, respectively, of these localities.
- Proximity to agricultural processing infrastructure in South East Queensland including the meat processing plants at Warwick and the vegetable processing and packaging plants in the Stanthorpe District, Lockyer Valley and Brisbane area.
Freezer and cold storage facilities are fully operational – all ready for a processing, distribution or export enterprise.
- Contact Anna Watt, Director of Corporate and Community Services, Glen Innes Severn Council: [email protected]
Council owns centrally-located land ideal for small manufacturing or start-ups. The land has B-double access from New England and Gwydir Highways, and Council would consider a full infrastructure development.
- Contact Graham Price, Director of Development, Planning and Regulatory Services, Glen Innes Severn Council: [email protected]
Storage facilities & warehousing
Disused buildings are available for conversion or development. For storage and warehousing facilities for sale or lease, see local estate agents listings on these websites.
Traditionally used for livestock sales, the Glen Innes Regional Saleyards his is a facility that could suit other emerging & growth livestock, such as goats, alpacas and deer.
Heritage shops and buildings
There are frequent opportunities to lease or purchase heritage properties in Glen Innes Highlands’ well-preserved town centre. We can advise you on what is currently available.
To view current heritage properties for sale or lease, see local estate agents listings on these real estate websites:
Glen Innes Racecourse
The racecourse is a huge asset with enormous potential. Currently it’s used for January’s Glen Innes Cup race day and awaits a bright idea to extend more use throughout the year.
- Contact Glen Innes Jockey Club: [email protected]
Glen Innes Railway Station
This beautiful Heritage building is an iconic local asset awaiting a new future. Located close to the centre of town opportunities are endless to service the potential Rail Trail project and the many visitors it would attract.
- Contact Melanie Creek, Regional Network Property Manager, John Holland Rail: [email protected]